Are you living together and feeling overwhelmed and in need a better understanding on how to manage your finances?
Finances are one of the hardest topics for couples to discuss. Let us help you make better decisions as partners, so you can build a life you can truly enjoy.
Are you thinking…
- Who will pay the bills?
- Who will make the buying decisions?
- How much debt are we bringing into the marriage?
- What are our spending habits?
- Are we spenders or savers?
- Maybe marriage is around the corner, but you want a game plan for the road ahead before you tie the knot. Pre-marriage /engagement financial counseling may be a good choice for you to avoid potential pitfalls. It may be time to start sorting out your finances as a couple. When couples discuss money, it’s not uncommon for sparks to fly and for feelings to smolder. In fact, conflict over money is one of the leading causes of divorce. You may not know what to expect out of marriage — especially when it comes to financial obligations. Let us help you navigate the hard stuff and help make it easier before you say “I do”.
- With a financial counselor, newlyweds and couples will develop a spending plan, discuss their values and goals, talk about the debt they bring to the marriage, check each of their credit reports for accuracy, and more.