Triangle Family Services Names New CEO
Lisa Lowe-Hall to Serve as Integral Nonprofits Leader After Extensive National Search
(RALEIGH) – Feb. 1, 2022 – Lisa Lowe-Hall, a 20-year veteran of the healthcare and nonprofit industries, will serve as the new CEO of Triangle Family Services effective Monday, Feb. 6.
Lowe-Hall will lead the 85-year-old nonprofit, which serves as an innovative solution for families facing an array of crises. She will succeed Alice Lutz, who served in the role for 13 years and retired on Jan. 1, 2023.
Lutz collaborated with search firm Armstrong McGuire (who initially recruited Ms. Lutz to the position) and Triangle Family Services’ executive search committee members Willy Stewart (Stewart Engineering), Russ Jones (Loden Properties), Kim Bartman (Syneos Health), Michael Sandman (Attorney), Rod Webb (Bank of America Private Bank), Kim Clark (410 Medical, Inc.), and Bill Spruill (2ndF LLC) to find the agency’s new CEO. The committee selected Lowe-Hall through a rigorous interview process that began with more than 75 applicants.
“Lisa is the type of leader we were looking for to take Triangle Family Services into the future,” says Russ Jones, board chair, Triangle Family Services. “She has demonstrated expertise in all areas of healthcare which is a primary service we offer our clients. We are so fortunate that she applied and accepted the position.”
Lowe-Hall has served in various leadership roles with some of the state’s largest and most influential healthcare systems, including Moses Cone, WakeMed, Duke Hospitals, and Planned Parenthood.
“It is an honor and a privilege to be chosen to lead TFS, an organization with an engaged board of directors and talented leadership team that deeply cares about its employees and families served,” said Lowe-Hall. “For over 85 years, TFS has worked tirelessly to strengthen families and remove barriers to stability and success. I believe the ability to remove barriers for one person has the potential to impact and empower an entire generation positively. I look forward to continuing the great work of this organization!”
Lowe-Hall’s background as a healthcare practice administrator (Moses Cone, WakeMed) and patient services and administrative director (Duke Primary Care, Duke Hospitals), as well as her background in women’s health leadership (Planned Parenthood, Women’s Birth and Wellness Center) and her ongoing engagement in and advocacy for birth and healthcare equity, demonstrate her career-long care and concern for the wellbeing of families in our community. In addition, Lisa serves on the SAFEchild, Montessori School of Raleigh, and American Association of Birth Centers boards of directors.
These qualities dovetail with Triangle Family Services programs which focus on:
- Mental Health Therapy
- Licensed, specially trained staff members in a variety of evidence-based interventions provide outpatient therapy treatment to families in the Triangle.
- Triangle Family Services utilizes the Housing First model with a variety of housing interventions that centers on quickly moving people into housing, then providing additional support and services as needed. We help families through a unique combination of direct financial assistance, professional case management, financial education, and connection to community resources.
- Triangle Family Services’ Street Outreach Specialists provide street-based assessment, case management, referral services and emergency survival supplies to individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness at locations where they congregate or frequent. They work collaboratively with representatives from other agencies within the homeless service system.
- Financial Counseling
- TFS is a HUD-approved counseling agency certified by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.
- Family Safety
- Supervised Visitation – The Time Together Center at TFS provides a safe and positive environment for children to spend time with a parent or other family members when the court has determined that supervision is required, along with exchange facilitation (drop off/pick up) that eliminates the need for contact between adult family members during times of conflict.
- The DOSE (Developing Opportunities for a Safe Environment) Batterer’s Intervention Program has been serving the Triangle community with the mission of “Fostering healthy behaviors and relationships through education and support,” since 1990.
ABOUT TRIANGLE FAMILY SERVICES
For 85 years, Triangle Family Services (TFS) has served as the place to turn for innovative solutions for families facing crisis. TFS accomplishes its mission of “Building a Stronger Community by Strengthening the Family” through its three core program areas: Family Safety, Financial Stability, and Mental Health. TFS has been a part of the Triangle community of North Carolina for 85+ years providing credentialed/trained staff with data-driven effective programs that directly serve as a safety net to thousands of our most vulnerable neighbors each and every year.